Microsoft Secure Score is a tool designed to help organizations assess and improve the security of their Microsoft 365 or Azure environments. It provides a numerical score that reflects the overall security posture of an organization’s environment, based on a range of security-related configuration settings and behaviors.
The tool analyzes an organization’s configuration and usage of various security-related features and settings within Microsoft 365 or Azure, such as multi-factor authentication, data encryption, and device management. It then provides recommendations for improving security based on industry best practices and Microsoft’s own security guidance.
The importance of Microsoft Secure Score lies in its ability to help organizations identify potential security gaps and weaknesses, and provide guidance on how to address them. By regularly monitoring their secure score and implementing recommended security improvements, organizations can strengthen their security posture and reduce the risk of data breaches, cyber attacks, and other security incidents.
Additionally, many compliance standards and regulations require organizations to implement specific security controls and best practices. Microsoft Secure Score can help organizations ensure they are meeting these requirements and staying in compliance with relevant regulations.
How do I find my Microsoft Secure Score?
To find your Microsoft Secure Score, you need to have access to the Microsoft 365 or Azure portal with administrative privileges. Here are the steps to follow:
- Go to the Microsoft 365 or Azure portal and sign in with your administrative credentials.
- Navigate to the Security & Compliance Center or Azure Security Center, depending on your subscription type.
- Click on the Secure Score tab or option in the menu.
- Your Secure Score will be displayed as a numerical value out of a total possible score.
From here, you can also view your Secure Score history to see how it has changed over time and review recommended actions to improve your score.
Why should i check my Microsoft Secure Score?
Checking your Microsoft Secure Score is important for several reasons:
- Improve Security Posture: The primary reason to check your Secure Score is to identify security weaknesses and gaps in your Microsoft 365 or Azure environment. The Secure Score tool provides guidance on how to improve your security posture by implementing security controls and best practices recommended by Microsoft.
- Stay Compliant: Many compliance standards and regulations require organizations to implement specific security controls and best practices. Checking your Secure Score can help you ensure that you are meeting these requirements and staying in compliance with relevant regulations.
- Reduce Risk of Data Breaches and Cyber Attacks: By implementing recommended security improvements based on your Secure Score, you can strengthen your security posture and reduce the risk of data breaches, cyber attacks, and other security incidents.
- Demonstrate Due Diligence: Checking your Secure Score and implementing recommended security improvements can demonstrate to stakeholders, customers, and auditors that you are taking appropriate measures to protect your organization’s data and systems.
Overall, checking your Microsoft Secure Score is an important step in ensuring the security and compliance of your Microsoft 365 or Azure environment. It provides valuable insights and guidance on how to improve your security posture and reduce the risk of security incidents.
HCS Managed 365 Security Service uses Microsoft Secure Score to maintain a strong security posture for your business. We have devised an automated service that leverages your unique Secure Score to Assess, Improve and Maintain your cyber security posture on a continual basis. For a set monthly fee you have peace of mind that your security is in capable hands, always.