Skype for Business is a useful tool to help your team communicate and collaborate during their workday. Using Skype for Business you can share content, schedule meetings and stay in touch with your team with Skype’s instant messaging capabilities. To learn how to use these functions effectively, see below or to learn more, contact our sales team!
Share your desktop or a program
in a conversation window or messaging window:
1.Select Share Content and select an option:
- Share your Desktop to show the entire contents of your desktop
- Share a Window and double-click the program or window you want to display
2.Select Stop Sharing when you’re done.
Send a file in an IM
- Drag the file from File Explorer to the conversation window, or
- Copy the file or image you want to send, and paste it into the conversation window.
Everyone in the conversation will receive a notification, which they can accept or decline.
Send a file when you’re not in a conversation
1.Select the contacts from your contacts list.
2.Drag the file onto the selection
The selected contacts will receive a notification, which they can accept or decline.
Change your presence status
Your presence status is automatically set based on your Outlook calendar. To manually change it:
- Select the status arrow below your name.
- Select the presence indicator you want to display.
To undo, or have Skype for Business automatically update your status, select Reset Status.
Join a Skype for Business meeting
There are multiple ways to join a Skype for Business meeting:
Select the Meetings icon in the Skype for Business window, and then double-click the meeting to join.
Select Join Skype Meeting in an Outlook meeting request.
Select Join Online in an Outlook meeting reminder.
Schedule a Skype for Business meeting
In Outlook or Outlook Online:
1.Open your Outlook calendar
2.Select Home > New Skype Meeting
3.Complete the meeting request