There are common parallels to be found between the longevity of a business and its ability to evolve in the modern world. Without adapting and evolving businesses can easily fall behind their competitors. While keeping up to date with general technology is key to a successful digital workplace, the truth is that your business phone system plays one of the most important and central parts to your company’s operations.
The more efficient your business phone system is, the more efficient your business can be.
While I’m sure you probably don’t have a rotary phone sitting on your desk, you might have an old push button phone that hasn’t been upgraded for years – is it time to make some changes?
To help you decide, we have compiled a list of the most common tell tales signs that lets you know your business phone system might need an upgrade.
- Your phone system is just too old.
One of the biggest reasons to change your phone system is that your existing traditional system is technically obsolete. When this happens, repairs and maintenance can become increasingly expensive. Unfortunately, no telephone system will last forever, putting off an upgrade until your equipment fails will cost time and money.
- You’ve decided to move your office location.
Believe it or not the costs of uninstalling, transporting and reinstalling an old system can be a significant percentage of the cost of a brand-new system. It’s probably one of the most over looked aspects of office re-location, but there is never a better time to upgrade your phone system.
- Your company is growing.
Are you opening a new office or adding additional staff to your existing company? Does your old phone system have enough room for this expansion? A phone system with scalability is an important necessity and should be a key consideration for any business. Take this as an opportunity not only to support these new employees but to upgrade the company’s entire system at the same time.
- Your current system lacks functionality.
As new applications and technologies are being introduced, your old phone system probably falls significantly behind some of the latest cloud offerings. It still might make and receive calls properly, but does it have enough features to keep up with the current needs of business operations?
If your phone system is showing any of these warning signs, then it’s time to consider updating to a modern system and see the many key benefits our phone systems can deliver:
- Flexible communications – Tailor your communications and work from anywhere with our Mobile App. Take advantage of flexible communications and make any phone your business phone, just as if you were sitting in your office.
- Roam Free – Although useful, it can cost your company a fortune in data roaming fees. With our mobile app you can conveniently connect anywhere in the world, make and receive calls while reducing hefty roaming mobile bills.
- Be free to work from anywhere – All employees whether in the office, at home or on the road can integrate seamlessly with our Mobile and Desktop Apps, letting them work as a single team no matter where they are located. Don’t let snow storms stop you now – Work as one office environment anywhere and anytime.
- Instant results with instant messaging – See when your colleagues are available to call and collaborate when you need to. Use simultaneous IM sessions with others in your company while also sending instant messages to multiple people at once.
- Supercharge your contact centre – take control of your customer service department with integrated contact centre functionality and increase your ability to multitask and handle overflow and priority calls.
Whether on premises or hosted, HCS Business Solutions can help you with a scalable, affordable, and flexible phone systems designed specifically for your business needs. And with our affordable Secure SIP Trunks, it means you don’t pay more than your need to for business calls. Without compromising on voice quality, we can provide you with the savings your company needs.
Still unsure whether now is the right time to upgrade? Call 051 595200 or firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your options or to avail of our free telecoms review.
IT Support Technician wanted for our Waterford based IT Service Desk in Cleaboy Business Park.
Salary range €22-28K PA depending on experience and qualifications.
HCS are seeking an IT Support Technician to join our service desk team which supports our growing customer base.
Skills and Experience required:
- Some experience in an IT support role.
- Knowledge of Microsoft software, MS Windows, MS Office, Office 365.
- Knowledge of networking, firewalls and routers an advantage.
- Working knowledge of wired and wireless networking.
- Good trouble shooting skills with an ability to solve problems.
- Excellent communication skills are essential.
- An IT qualification an advantage and/or any Microsoft certification a distinct advantage.
A career plan will be mapped out for the successful candidate and there will be ongoing in-house and professional training provided. Employee incentive scheme in place, free healthcare, gym membership and many other benefits.
Join a winning team! Contact us!
Call Sean Hegarty on 087 2362420 or email your CV to email@example.com
GDPR has been a hot topic for us all over the past few months but despite the deadline coming and going, many organisations are still unprepared for the legislation. We here at HCS Business Solutions understand that getting to grips with the new regulations has been a daunting prospect for many companies leaving some business owners overwhelmed in choosing the correct actions they should take towards compliancy.
However, one important thing you can do for your business is to enable your employees to safeguard your corporate data and give them a sustainable awareness of data protection in their everyday work situations.This is where HCS can lend a helping hand with our GDPR Compliance Training e-learning course. We have found that staff are often a key risk area when it comes to data protection and it is imperative that at a minimum, all staff should know how to handle personal data on a day to day basis in their own roles.
Our GDPR Compliance Training e-learning course will give your employees an excellent level of knowledge on GDPR regulations in a simple, easy to understand and self-paced way. Employees do not have to leave the office and with its cost-effective price point, there is no need to overspend on your budget either.
The cost is €35 per user and on successful completion a CPD accredited certificate is issued to each participant which can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.
To find out more click here or contact Orlaith today on 051 595200
(Feel like your company has got a good handle on GDPR, why not enquire about our CyberSecurity Awareness Training e-learning course)
HCS Business Solutions are now looking for an Office Administrator to join our sales team. Based in Waterford this is a fantastic opportunity to work in a fast paced and rapidly growing company within the IT sector.
•Receive and respond to customer telephone calls/e-mails and to ensure they are dealt with to the satisfaction of both the company and the customer
•Process customer orders in an efficient and timely manner
•Monitor and progress all new orders, keeping the sales managers/sales executives informed of any delays or availability for early delivery
•To interact with Customers and Suppliers to develop relationships and maintain brand loyalty by providing feedback and solutions on customer issues as they arise.
•Dealing with Engineers and Customer queries, in particular that stock, delivery, pricing and invoicing queries are handled and resolved efficiently and accurately.
•Raising and processing of Purchase Orders
•Provide admin support to the Sales Managers and Sales Exec’s
•The ability to work, communicate and deal with people at all levels, both inside and outside the business in a professional manner.
•The job holder must be able to prioritise their own work load at all times, frequently reacting to unexpected variances in demand.
•They must remain calm under pressure and have the ability to multi-task whilst remaining professional, this role involves supporting customer demands in a variety of ways.
•Be proficient in working with Microsoft Office software, Word, Excel, Outlook
•Have an understanding of accounts systems such as sales order processing and purchase order processing.
•Previous experience in a similar role is desired.
- Experienced [Non-Managerial]
- Minimum Experience Required (Years): 1
- Minimum Qualification: Level 6 (incl Higher Advanced Certificate & National Craft Certificate) OR CUSTOMER SERVICE, OFFICE ADMINISTRATION, SALES ADMINISTRATION
- Ability Skills: Administration, Computer Literacy, Sales/Marketing, Technical IT
- Competency Skills: Flexibility, Teamwork, Time Management, Working on own Initiative
Apply here or send CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Phishing…Pharming…Viruses and Worms…OH GOSH!
These cyber security terms might not mean much to you now but, if your business is faced with potential threats, you will no doubt want to know what’s what and, more importantly the most effective ways of protecting your business and its data.
Firstly, creating a better level of general internal awareness amongst your employees to prevent malicious emails infiltrating and affecting your IT systems is a good start. Encouraging each employee to keep vigilant to the different types of spam emails which are doing the rounds, will help protect your business not only from the most recent ransomware attacks, but also from spoofing and phishing emails that can cost your business thousands of euros.
Here are some tips and pointers to guard against the most common forms of email threats:
A classic example of a “spoofing” email seemingly comes from a work colleague. It will try to trick you into believing the email is genuine. And these criminals are really, really, good at it! However, there are tell-tale signs that can let you know it’s not a genuine email.
- If the email appears as if it is from your colleague, check to see if it contains your company’s email signature. If not, this should be flagged as suspicious.
- Does the subject line or email link contain your full name in the greeting? If it does, it should be flagged as suspicious.
- Look at the sign off from the sender- if the email was genuine from a colleague then it is likely they would sign off in a less formal manner using their first name only. Flag it as suspicious.
These are usually from a trusted source such as your bank or some government body, seemingly flagging that your urgent attention is needed such as for a payment which has not been received or to inform you that your account has been suspended. The sender will want you to click a link, provide your username and password or act on other instructions provided within the email.
However, again there are tell-tale signs that this could be fraudulent:
- The email has been sent without any personalised information, poor spelling or grammar. Whenever a large company sends out an email the message is usually reviewed for spelling, grammar and legality amongst other things. So, if a message is filled with poor grammar, or spelling mistakes, it most likely did not come from a major company. Do not open it!
- The email includes suspicious attachments – it would be highly unusual for a legitimate company to send you an email with an attachment, unless it’s a document you have a specially requested. Do not open it!
- Something just doesn’t look right – if something looks odd, there is probably a good reason why. Use your judgement, if a message seems suspicious, it’s usually in your best interest to avoid acting on it. Is the email telling you that you have won a competition you have never entered? Is the email asking you to make a donation? Is the email asking you for personal information? Be sceptical when it comes to your email and the different threats which may lye within. If it looks even remotely suspicious do no open it!
Additional security features are a must! – It always helps to have an additional layer of protection in place.
In addition to learning how to spot a malicious email there are other things you can do to better protect your company. We recommend Microsoft Exchange Online Advanced Threat Protection (ATP) which helps protect your email against unknown malware and viruses. In the event that you accidentally clicked on an email you thought was legitimate, ATP is there to detect and stop the malware from launching and executing. It can be purchased and added to your existing Office 365 subscriptions, or it can be rolled out on premises along with email filtering software.
Call us today to roll out ATP for your email. Tel 01 8734120 / 051 595200
If you are concerned with any additional security threats or issues in your organisation please enquire about our TechSecure Audit. We can cost-effectively improve your company’s security.
More information on our TechSecure Audit is available here: https://www.hcs.ie/hcs-techsecure