What are you missing from Office365 and Azure?
The cloud was on the ground in Waterford last week and my sense of humour got the better of me and I couldn’t help but tweet some humour for a change on the cloud! https://twitter.com/HCSBusinessSol/status/649873779695439872
Whatever about the low lying weather clouds, I hope it’s not here to stay, but the technology term “the cloud” is. HCS have been advocates of cloud computing for many years and it’s now at the forefront of every conversation we have with our customers and prospects. Our cloud offerings are all based on Microsoft, Why?
1. Microsoft’s focus is primarily on businesses.
2. Microsoft offers choice of both on premise or cloud.
3. Microsoft is the “staple diet” of the vast majority of servers and desktops so therefore it’s a natural progression to consider cloud.
While some businesses have moved forward and are benefiting from Office365 and Azure, there is still a lot of you that haven’t. So what are you missing? Read below to learn what you are missing out on.
This isn’t an exhaustive list but it will give you a flavour of what you might be missing out on if you are not using Office365 or Azure.
What are you missing?
• A more accessible and reliable email service.
• Keep up to date with the latest versions of Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc. on up to 5 of your devices.
• Ability for teams of people to share documents and team/project information in one location and have it accessible from anywhere, using any device, at any time. SharePoint is your central point for sharing information!
Skype for business
• The opportunity to collaborate with colleagues, customers and suppliers direct from Microsoft Office using Instant Messaging, Tele-calls or Video.
OneDrive for business
• A massive 1Tb of personal storage space for your documents and have them accessible from anywhere, using any device, at any time.
What are you missing?
• Need a server for a short period of time or longer but don’t want to buy one? Then rent it by the hour.
• The ability to have a single sign on for both your on premise network and your cloud network.
• The ability to add additional cloud storage to your servers or SAN for data that you want to retain.
• The ability to backup up your servers, desktops and laptops into the cloud.
Azure Site Recovery
• The ability to have a replicated copy of your on premise server or servers in the cloud meaning you can switch to the cloud and continue to run your business should any disaster happen.
Azure Multifactor Authentication
• Concerned about security, implement two factor authentication to control access to your on premise and cloud data and applications.
• Make on premise Windows applications accessible from anywhere, using any device, at any time.
• Deploy and build custom built Websites, Apps and Databases in the cloud making them accessible from anywhere, using any device, at any time.