This blog post entitled “Online Data Backup – Why you need it?” was written by Neil Phelan, Director at HCS Business Solutions.
E: email@example.com. Neil’s LinkedIn ac. Neil’s Twitter ac.
In a recent blog post by Sean Hegarty, he described various data backup strategies for SMB’s and why one needs to review, monitor and test your backups. My focus for this blog post is primarily on Online Data Backup for SMB’s and why you need it. If you want to see more of Sean’s post see it here.
What is Online Data Backup and why you need it?
Online Data Backup (or sometimes known as Cloud Backup, Remote Backup) is the backup of your data from your server or desktop into a data centre over a network connection. For most SMB’s this network connection is usually a standard broadband connection that has limited uploads speeds.
While I am a huge advocate of online data backup, it is my experience that most companies only backup their most critical data online. This is usually their accounts, line of business database, payroll, important files and email. The reason for this is usually due to the limited network connection. There’s only so much data you can push up on an Irish broadband connection!
By backing up only your critical data that does leave you with a requirement to backup other data and system files on your server or desktop to prevent against disaster. I will leave this for now though as on-premise backup is for another blog post in the future.
With Online Data Backup, if you have a major disaster then your most critical data is safe in a data centre waiting for you, and this is why we believe you need it.
Where is my data stored?
Now that you have allowed your most valuable asset outside the four walls of your premises, it is critical that is stored safe and secure in an environment that you trust.
HCS recommends and uses Microsoft data centres to mind your data. If you would like to read more about how Microsoft will mind your data, read here.
It has been our experience when having conversations with prospects on this topic that other IT Service Providers don’t use data centres to store your data. In fact they are backing up your data onto their own servers on their premises. While trust is paramount you really have to ask the question is your data safe?
We don’t take chances with your data, nor do we want to risk any relationship that we have with our customers for the sake of making more profit, that’s why we use Microsoft data centres and trust them to mind your data.
How much does it cost?
You can purchase online data backup in blocks of 50GB costing €35 per month. In the SMB space where HCS primarily operates, it’s our experience that customers will consume either 50GB or 100GB per month. If however you have more than 100GB, the cost per GB will decrease as your data footprint increases.
What to do next?
If you’d like the peace of mind to know your most critical data is safe, contact us today on 051 595200/ 01 8734120 to discuss your requirements. If you mention that you read this blog post on your enquiry then we will give you the first month FREE.
Position: Sales Support/Administration
What we are looking for:
We are looking for someone who can add value to our existing Sales Team in order to further develop and grow in a very competitive market. In order to succeed you will need to:
• Be customer focused & have a personable telephone manner.
• Have a hard working attitude and be willing to work on your own initiative.
• Be willing to learn and grow as a valued member of the team.
• Have excellent organizational skills and be able to manage your time efficiently.
• Previous office experience would be ideal.
• Must have commercial working experience.
• Have an interest in IT and good working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
• Processing of sales quotations requests, orders and purchasing of items ensuring to secure the best prices to maximize profits.
• Sourcing new products and special offers, working closely with suppliers.
• Working with all other members of the financial, operations teams to ensure customers deliveries are prompt and efficient.
• Assisting the Sales Account Managers to support multiple customer accounts in all areas of sales promotions and activities associated with creating additional sales and profit for the company.
What we can offer:
The successful candidate will gain experience in all areas of the business including Sales, Customer Service, Purchasing and Logistics in a fast paced IT environment. A fun and challenging role in a rapidly growing company in the Irish IT Sector.
Send CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Moving to the Cloud, how much does it cost? This is a question HCS are often asked and the following is the answer we provide. “It depends on what you mean by moving to the cloud.”
“Moving to the cloud” is such a broad statement that could mean Private Cloud or Public Cloud. Without getting over technical Private Cloud is expensive and usually reserved for bigger companies whereas Public Cloud is value for money (better term than cheap!) Most SMB’s that HCS deal with opt to utilise Public Cloud. (It’s a bit like the difference between owning an electricity station or buying electricity or why buy the cow when you can buy the cheese).
Microsoft Office 365 is a public Cloud Service provided by Microsoft (another is Microsoft Azure) that provides a suite of services such as Exchange Online (Email), SharePoint Online, Skype for Business, OneDrive for Business, Office Software (Word Excel, PowerPoint etc.) in a monthly subscription paid for on a per user basis.
From conversations with prospective Office 365 customers and industry feedback, many customers were convinced of the benefits but were very concerned about the costs of moving. One particular prospect was being charged a monthly subscription of €31.00 to utilise the Office 365 service for email for 10 users but the cost of getting there was nearly €3,000. This cost immediately inhibited the move to the cloud and the benefits that this SMB customer could get.
To help those interested in “Moving to the cloud”, HCS Business Solutions have devised a free tool that provides a fixed cost to get you there. Our Microsoft Office 365 pricing calculator will provide you with the cost of the monthly subscription and the fixed cost to get you there. Try it out here.
Should you require further information on Moving to the Cloud, please contact our Office 365 Sales Team on 01-8734120 or 051-595200.
SharePoint Online 2014 – the new way to work together!
SharePoint online helps businesses Share, Organise, Manage and Discover your company’s information from documents to databases online and in one single place enabling you to work faster, easier and smarter!
- Do you want to collect information remotely from field engineers, sales reps, employees or customers?
- Are you in the service industry and require your staff to complete surveys, installs, worksheets, inspection sheets?
- Do you have sales reps on the road that take orders, update stock sheets or capture key customer information?
If you answer yes to any of the above questions, we invite you to attend our upcoming seminar, where our team will demonstrate the power of SharePoint Online and show you what it can do for your organisation.
Our next SharePoint Online event is in the Tower Hotel Waterford in the 18th April.
Event Details: Date: Thursday, 18th April 2015 Time: 08.45am to 12.30pm
Venue: Tower Hotel, Waterford – The Dunmore Room
Contact our dedicated and experienced SharePoint Team on 01-8734120|051-595200 to see how SharePoint will transform the way you and your business do things for ever.
Find out more about SharePoint Online.
HCS are seeking a Senior Microsoft Engineer who will work in-house and on customer sites implementing Microsoft based server solutions. Current up to date Microsoft Certification is highly desirable for this position. The work will primarily be carried out on customer sites therefore driving will be an essential component of the role. A van, fuel card, laptop, and mobile phone will be provided as part of the package.
Senior Microsoft engineer : Skills and Experience required:
- 5-7 years’ experience working as a Senior Microsoft engineer, preferably with a field engineer background.
- Background in design, deployment and support of Microsoft server solutions.
- MCSA certification and CCNA certification a distinct advantage.
- Experience with Office 365 Migrations an advantage.
- Experience with telecoms, VOIP, Unified Communications, Microsoft Lync an advantage.
- Knowledge of Fortinet Firewalls or similar, an advantage.
- Excellent knowledge of Hyper-V or competing virtualization platform.
- Working knowledge of LAN/WAN, WLAN.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to think on your feet.
- Full clean driving licence.
For further details, call Sean Hegarty on 087-2362420 or email your CV to email@example.com.